Armenia prepared accommodation for possible refugees from NK after Azeri attack started, says PM
YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 21, ARMENPRESS. Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan has denied allegations that Armenia has refused to take in refugees from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Speaking in a live address, Pashinyan said he ordered to launch a working group to ensure accommodation for any possible refugees from Nagorno-Karabakh after Azerbaijan launched its attack on September 19.
“The Lachin Corridor has been blocked for ten months. But during this whole period, and now, roads in Armenia leading to the Lachin Corridor haven’t been closed, not even for a minute. There’s been no such thing. Moreover, earlier this week I instructed to form a working group to ensure the accommodation of possible groups of refugees displaced from Nagorno-Karabakh,” Pashinyan said. He said that the government even booked hotel rooms, and prepared several tens of thousands of rooms.
“When the process began, it was clear that this could be one of the scenarios,” Pashinyan added.